Magnetic inductive loop : LP-S
The inductive loop or “loop” is a special ECM cable installed in the road (concrete or asphalt), to detect the metallic mass of vehicles.
Thus, detection of vehicles with a “loop” is used in many applications such as :
- Road and motorway counting and classification,
- High speed Weigh in Motion (> 20km/h),
- Toll classification,
- Preselection of infringing vehicles.
Key features :
The ECM “loop” consists of 4 different parts, a :
- Special 1.5 or 2.5 mm² cable with double insulation,
- Waterproof connection,
- 25 or 50 metre twisted return cable,
- Resin to fill the cable track.
MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) : 8 years