Road Traffic Analysis Station : HERA
HERA station collects signals from the Piezolor piezoelectric sensors (or other types) installed in the road surface, to provide measurements of vehicles travelling at high speeds (over 20 km/h or 13 mph).
The system can measures and provides the following data :
- The weight, B(10) class from COST 323,
- Detection of dual wheels (depending on the location of the sensors),
- Number of axles,
- The distance between the axles,
The road traffic analysis system is equipped with the latest communication and storage technologies. A 32 GB SD card can be used to store millions of individual vehicles. The Ethernet port on the front panel also makes it possible to communicate quickly and easily with the station (via the TCP / IP protocol).
In addition, its low consumption means that the station can operate for several days with a battery, but also with a solar panel.
Key features :
It comes in 3 versions for different applications – HERA :
- C : Counting,
- A : Counting and Automatic Vehicles Classification,
- W : Counting, Automatic Vehicles Classification and Weigh in Motion.
So, depending on the sensors layout in the road surface, different measurements can be obtained (see examples below).