Video recording system : VESTA
The VESTA system includes a camera and an IPC (industrial PC). This kit is used to take pictures of the number plate and / or the size of the vehicle on one or more lanes.
Several applications are therefore possible with ECM systems, when VESTA is combined with :
- The HERA weighing in motion system, used to preselect vehicles in violation (weight, height, etc.)
- The toll classification system, used to verify the number plates of the vehicles using the “Free-Flow” toll lanes.
Key features :
Depending on specific needs, the VESTA system :
- Displays and recognizes vehicle number plates,
- Compresses data,
- Stores data and images in the system,
- Sends the image to a peripheral device or a network,
However, in all cases (pre-selection of overloaded vehicles or verification of number plates of vehicles at the toll) :
- Recorded images are synchronized by road traffic sensors,
- Data is sent simultaneously from the traffic station to the imaging system,
- Offence alarms can be transmitted to the Operator,
- Vehicle data is displayed on the image.